In the Center Parks you can find among other things a panoramic sauna, a steam room, a salt room, and an indoor and outdoor swimming pool. The icing on the wellness cake is the breathtaking Vulcano outdoor sauna, a vivid example of design, technology and artisanship.
Alpha Industries is increasingly specializing in creating exceptional wellness projects under the motto "if you can dream it, we can build it". The Center Parcs is the largest spa in Europe with its 1,600 m². Aqua Balneo is a stunning and dazzling wellness area entirely dedicated to relaxation and peacefulness. To this end, we look for an innovative and exquisite concept together with the customer in which the technical challenge is our driving force. This time we have been asked by the Center Parcs France to design and build an exclusive outdoor event sauna. It had to be a sauna where the power of nature could be felt. A sauna with a special character. Alpha Industries was the only sauna builder to pass to the second selection round and proposed a 3D design inspired by an active volcano. The management of the Center Parcs immediately approved the design of the Vulcano as well as the designs of all the other cabins.
This eye-catching design is based on an innovative concept. The benches of this steam room have been arranged in different levels so the user can choose the ‘wished temperature’. There is a definite temperature difference at a lower or higher bench. You can feel it on your skin but also in the air that you breathe. You can enjoy the beautiful starry sky installed in the domed ceiling. The lower bench as well as the ceiling has LED RGB strips. The column covered with mosaic serves as an inlet for the essence enriched steam.
- 430 cm W x 335 cm D x 230 cm H
- Walls in EPS cement-coated finished with mosaics
- Domed ceiling 30cm high
- Three tier curved benches in EPS with mosaics finish
- Decorative column with built-in steam outlet and fresh air inlet
- RGB LED spots in th3e ceiling and under the benches, starry sky in the ceiling
- 13.5 kW steam generator with fragrance injection pump
This ‘Salt room’ has a special genuine look thanks to the use of various salt stones and old sunburnt wood. These materials were chosen for a low and pleasant temperature in the salt room. We have installed a salt nebulizer in order to boost the halotherapy effect so the air is more enriched with salt particles. This inhalation therapy has a positive effect on our body and mind. We simulate a micro sea climate. Spending 45 minutes in this salt room has the same effect on your body as spending three hours at the seaside.
- 420 cm W x 800 cm D x 245 cm H
- Inside finish in old sunburnt veneer boards
- Ayous benches, model ‘Wave’
- Walls in salt stones (10 cm x 20 cm) inidrectly lit
- Anteroom walls in rough salt stones
- Glazed front in toughened glass
- 7.5 kW sauna oven
Stress can vanish away in our experience shower. Enjoy a skin massage and create a pleasant atmosphere by means of colours, scents and sound. The integration of lights, audio and aromas creates a unique shower experience. The water-saving technology ensures minimal consumption and maximum efficiency.
- 150 cm W x 180 cm D x 260 cm H
- Functions: Tropical rain/ Cold rainfall / Caribbean storm / cold rain
- RGB led
The EPS massage tables were fitted with a heating system and tiled with mosaics. The lying area was covered in Corian®. A shower hose at the base of the table and a water drain make these massage tables ideal for foam or soap treatments.
- 200 cm W x 80 cm D x 70 cm H
- EPS structure
- Top in Corian®, electrical heating
- Base tiled with mosaics
The entire steel structure, with a diameter of 710 cm and height of 450 cm, was assembled in our workshop in Moldova and serves as the framework of the Vulcano sauna. Three large lorries transported the parts of this sauna from the workshop to the Center Parcs near Strasbourg. The interior and exterior of the sauna have been finished on site with cleaved ‘red cedar’ shingles. Furthermore, the interior was finished with Slate Lite stone veneer and the sauna was equipped with ayous benches that follow the round shape. In the roof peak of the sauna you can see the crater of the active volcano with glowing lava through tempered glass. The surround system makes the experience in this Vulcano sauna even more intense. You will enjoy the sound of a volcano eruption that in combination with the heat of the 80 KW sauna oven gives you the feeling that you are standing a few meters from the roaring crater.
Diameter 710 cm x 450 cm H
- Inside and outside finish in original Canadian ‘red cedar’ shingles
- Three tier ayous benches (80 persons)
- Glass decorative element in the ceiling 1m diameter with indirect LED lighting and speakers.
- LED lights beneath and under the benches
- 80 kW sauna oven
Centrally located in the subtropical garden adjoining the swimming pool and between majestic palm trees is the Venus sauna with walls and benches made of solid cedar that were formed three-dimensionally. You can admire the inner garden and the swimming pool through the panoramic window. But the gem is the waterfall with filtered pool water that flows back into the immense swimming pool through the roof along the window of the sauna.
- 470 cm W x 500 cm D x 245 cm H
- Inside finish in wide cedar wooden profiles
- Back wall and bench skirting in 3D cedar timber 25 cm thick
- Benches in wide cedar slats
- Ceiling in veneer boards with notches as per design
- LED RGB lights beneath the lower bench and against the 3D back wall
- 36 kW sauna-oven with safety switch
The cool off area has a snow shower, an ice machine and several cold showers. All the equipment was neatly built-in within the rock walls and ice sides. The combination of the indirect lights and the dark ceiling create a mysterious atmosphere. The use of the mint essence with its refreshing scent enhance the cooling off effect.
- Ice machine: flake ice 250kg/24h (water cooled
- Snow machine: soft snow 0.7m³/24h (air cooled)
- Drench buckets: 5 liters with adjustable float valve
- Kneipp hose: 1.5 meter long white hose 22 mm Ø inclusive automatic stop valve